The application submitted by Starglazed is as follows:

Quote:
Character Name: :
Starglazed

Please provide an armory link for your character::
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/silvermoon/starglazed

What spec are you applying to raid as?:
Frost/Fire

How do you keep up to date with your current class to ensure optimum performance?:
I track several resources. First I use warcraftlogs to track my own raiding performance, I like to use the compare tool to see what people above me are doing, then adjust my spells, rotations, and situational experiences to reflect this as effectively as I feel is humanely possible for me. I also use features such as pawn/simc to adjust my gear, wowarmory paired with worldofwargraphs to see what the best players are using and check stats appropriately. I also like watching some twitch videos in my downtime or using the video perspective feature of warcraftlogs to watch positioning of other mages.

What is your previous raiding experience?:
I have raided at two different points - both at HC level.
Once in WOD - (cleared up until mammoroth only a few month into the expansion)
The other during Eternal Palace - currently cleared 6/8 HC (I pug raid lead the Court HC kill myself)

Are you available to raid on a Wednesday and Sunday from 20:30 till 23:30? (ST):
Yes

Any logs to support your application?:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/silvermoon/starglazed#difficulty=4

Do you have Discord and Headset/mic?:
I do

What is your guild history?:
I'll be entirely honest about my guild history. I played with the guild on two separate occasions. Once during WOD - once during Eternal palace. I loved playing with several members of my guild, but unfortunately several I also didn't get on with. Admittedly i'd say on the first occasion - 3 years ago this was partially my fault. I have a high drive and a high focus - my guild was a guild that had lasted over 11 years, and thus self-confessed as a semi-casual guild. I've always been driven to be the best player I humanely could be, during WOD after playing Frost DK for only 6 weeks i'd reached 96% on the percentile lists and I was having a lot of fun. unfortunately others in the guild didn't follow my ambition and I noticed I was getting criticised by a past raid stand in lead over a few nights. We just didn't see eye to eye and so I took my leave.

I rejoined the guild around a month ago after taking an extensive 3 year break. I rejoined through irl connections and a motivation to fix what wasn't always perfect in the past. I made guides for people who didn't understand fights, i'd go through logs to help people understand adjustments, tell people to pre-pot before fights (which apparently wasn't already something that people would do) and I spent hours trying to make friends and have a good time. Because progression isn't everything and the social aspect is important to be too.

Unfortunately as I found the guild is ran very much like a dictatorship. I was threatened by an officer that didn't like me that the raid leader was 'giving me enough rope to hang myself' and was threatened to be kicked. This was a shame as i'd made several friends within the guild. Alas I decided it'd be best to leave, some officers tried to defend me but ultimately we just wanted different things and I felt it was time for me to move on, and push for a mythic guild.

(*It's worth noting that I know my parses currently aren't great, I have no ego about this. I love to learn and I know I need to make more personal dps progression with my Mage. I originally picked ranged because id always opt'd melee but ive already learned to take a lead roll in dealing with mechanics, and focusing on dps and maybe getting some guidance of a more experienced mage in your guild would benefit me greatly. im a very quick learner and a very motivated person to progress, this combined with what has alwys been my 100% attendance to raid I feel helps my case_

Tell us a bit about yourself? (Name, age etc):
My name is Reece. I'm a 21 year old current university student. I've played games now since I was around 7 years old. I've always played at the top end of competitive play on gaming titles in the past such as Call of Duty and the Fifa series, even when I played Death Knight during WOD I managed to reach 96% dps percentile in no less than 6 weeks. Outside of gaming I love to play American Football, go to the gym and I'm currently studying Neuropsychology. From my time in university I've learned that attendance is key, and I wouldn't feel right applying to a guild at this standard if I didn't feel I could make any less than 95% of raids (life happens). I also quite like scenery and outdoor stuff, i'd consider myself quite a social person although I'm not really someone who drinks anymore (very health conscious). I'm really looking for a guild that I can push myself in and feel like im really enjoying the top end content that WoW has to offer!

Do you know anyone in the guild already?:
No

Is there anything else you would like to add?:
Although my main is mage, I am very flexible and more than happy to level and main any ranged class that your raid may need if it could benefit the guild. I understand that the team is always more important than the individual.

Please leave your battle tag here for easy contact.:
empkane#2795

Thank you for your application, We will be in touch soon Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shroud Forum Index -> Application Forms All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: